Getting your custom luxury home designed and built is only just one part; outfitting it in a unique manner is probably even more important. This is why it’s a good idea to spend some time understanding some basic concepts of how to furnish a luxury home. Ideally, this is something you should be focusing on in the early stages of the design planning. To a great extent, your ideas will depend on the style of house you have built. The different types of fit-out styles include:
- If you have built a tropical-style home, then you may want to ensure that all the features you add to the home complement that look. If you prefer classical style architecture and that’s what your home has been built on, then you might want to consider adding Victorian or French style fit-outs to your property.
- You can add rustic style décor or opulent and luxurious pieces. There are a number of specialist companies that cater to this kind of a demand and are more than happy to provide custom solutions to their customers. Most custom home builders have connections with these artisans of companies and you can take their help to commission the kind of fit-outs and features you want.
- If you have a contemporary styled home, you may want to focus on getting furniture and features that are made of modern looking materials such as chrome, glass and leather etc. The clean and minimalistic lines that these materials provide will create a stunning look on your modern-styled property.
- If you have a contemporary styled home, you may want to focus on getting furniture and features that are made of modern looking materials such as chrome, glass and leather etc. The clean and minimalistic lines that these materials provide will create a stunning look on your modern-styled home.
- Some homeowners prefer a more eclectic look on their property and they may use a fusion-theme that includes some contemporary furniture as well as some traditional styled one. However this kind of outfitting needs to be thought out well. If you get it wrong, the entire aesthetic of your home can look confused instead of looking artful.
- The primary idea behind getting custom-designed elements for your home is that they will be unique and fit in perfectly into your home.
Designing and outfitting a custom luxury home is no mean feat. Most of these houses can be immense in size, and ensuring that these spaces have a cohesive and attractive look, is about ensuring you plan the project well and adopt a methodical approach to designing your home.
While you may want to follow the latest trends, it’s a good idea to opt for pieces that won’t date too fast. Choose accent pieces that have a timeless appeal and include a few solid pieces that will anchor the entire design theme of your home too.
Opt for the right accessories
If you accessorise smartly, you will find that the different spaces in your home can look stunning with minimal effort. It’s easier to replace furnishings and cushions, rather than making any changes in more permanent features such as outdoor kitchens etc. Even when you are buying any art pieces; while you look at the investment aspect, focus on the overall appearance of these pieces as well. Understand whether they actually blend in well with the overall look of your home. Many custom home builders also provide exclusive home design ideas and consultation that can come handy when you are getting your home outfitted.
For any more information about building a custom designed luxury home, call us today at +61 0414 998 727 or use this contact form to keep in touch. We ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained in the work and that you get a custom built luxury home you would love to live in.
Thanks for reading,
0414 998 727